Fenugreek Coconut Beef with Carrot-Cumin Pilaf Rice
Get ready to cook
1. Heat some oil in a large lidded pan over medium heat. Add Masala Goa Paste; stir fry for 1-2mins until fragrant. Add beef; mix well and stir fry for 3-4mins to brown.
2. Add coconut milk; mix well, bring to boil then simmer. Partially cover and slow cook on a medium-low heat for 1½-2 hours or until meat is tender. Add some water if needed.
3. At the end of cooking, remove lid and raise heat, stirring to reduce to desired consistency.
4. Garnish and serve with Carrot-Cumin Pilaf.
1. Steam rice until cooked. Set aside.
2. In a pan, stir fry whole cumin for a minute until fragrant. Add carrot, Masala Goa Paste and coconut milk; mix well and heat through.
3. Add pan mixture and mint to rice; gently fold in until rice is evenly coated with sauce. Serve.
*Rice can be chilled overnight then stir fried with ingredients if desired.
400g Masala Goa Paste
800ml coconut milk
2kg diced beef chuck or stewing steak*
2 sliced spring onions to garnish
*if desired, substitute with
1.3kg diced beef chuck
500g tinned chickpeas
200g Masala Goa Paste
200ml coconut milk
400g uncooked rice (to make approx 1.2kg cooked white long grain rice)
400g shredded carrot
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
30g chopped mint