Peruvian Beef Lomo Saltado with Chaufa Rice
Get ready to cook
1. Fry french fries as per packet instructions and set aside.
2. Heat some oil in a pan to medium-high heat. Add beef; stir fry for 5-6mins or until cooked. Set beef aside.
3. In the same pan, add some oil and heat to medium-high heat. Add red onion; stir fry for 2-3mins. Add tomato and cumin; stir fry for 2-3mins. Add Nasi Goreng Paste; mix well and heat for 2-3mins.
4. Add beef, french fries and coriander; carefully combine until evenly coated. Serve with Chaufa Rice.
1. Steam rice until cooked. Set aside.
2. In a pan, stir fry carrot for 1-2mins. Add eggs and scramble for 2-3mins. Add Pink Pepper Ginger Paste and sweet chilli sauce; heat through.
3. Add pan mixture and spring onion to rice; gently fold in until rice is evenly coated with sauce. Serve with Lomo Saltado.
*Rice can be chilled overnight then stir fried with ingredients if desired.
400g Nasi Goreng Paste
400g sliced tomatoes
3 teaspoons ground cumin
1kg sliced beef
200g sliced red onion
800g french fries
30g chopped coriander to garnish
100ml sweet chilli sauce
400g uncooked rice (to make approx 1.2kg cooked white long grain rice)
150g shredded carrot (or stir fry veg mix)
3 finely chopped spring onions