Toasted Almond & Cumin-Orange Lamb on Warm Flatbread
Get ready to cook
1. Pre-heat a large pot to medium-high heat; add some oil and lamb pieces. Leave to cook unmoving for 1 min then stir fry for 2-3 mins to sear and brown.
2. Add cumin seeds; stir fry for 30 sec. Add Shandong Sweet Paste; stir fry for 30 sec. Add orange juice; mix well.
3. Cover with lid, turn down to low heat and simmer for 45 mins. Stir occasionally, adjusting heat as necessary. Uncover and simmer for a further 5-10 mins until sauce thickens and meat is tender.
4. In the meantime, combine dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Warm flatbread in the oven if desired.
5. Spread flatbreads with dressing then top with shredded carrot. Add lamb and sauce and garnish with toasted almonds. Serve immediately.
400g Shandong Sweet Paste
1.5kg diced lamb leg
3 Tbsp whole cumin seeds
800ml orange juice
75g toasted almond flakes
500g shredded carrot or other salad
300g Greek yoghurt
25g chopped dill